Achieving informed consent – easy, for every procedure, every time
We make obtaining best practice informed consent from your patients easy, every time.
DentalConsent is a secure online and mobile-friendly service that enables you to consistently achieve best practice informed consent.
Best practice requires you to inform patients of:
- nature of procedure
- material risks
- alternative treatment options
- risks with alternative procedures
- consequences of doing nothing, and
DentalConsent provides an easy online service to obtain patient consent using materials and processes that are compliant with professional codes, legal requirements and community expectations.
Informed consent that’s tailored to patients’ needs
Advice given to patients must be in terms which the patient has the capacity to understand.
About 60% of Australians have low levels of health literacy, which affects their ability to absorb medical and consent information and make informed decisions about their care.
DentalConsent provides patients with peer-reviewed, procedure-specific medical consent information presented in simple terms that meets medico-legal and health literacy guidelines (available in different languages).
These patient-friendly materials are offered as part of a streamlined online consenting process designed to be implemented by busy healthcare professionals “on the go”.
DentalConsent delivers a permanent record of consenting information shared between you and your patient that’s stored in a secure location, which helps you comply with requirements and delivers peace of mind.
Everything you need in a best practice informed consent service
* A consenting service that meets both clinical and patient needs
Our standardised consent information is:
- peer-reviewed by Australian clinical and medico-legal experts so it’s always up to date
- specific to each procedure, with more procedures continuously being added
- written in simple terms to assist with comprehension
- available to patients to review and complete online at their leisure, away from the time-pressure of the healthcare setting
- exportable so you can claim your CPD points
*A consenting service that’s easy to access and use
Our user-friendly system is:
- easy for healthcare professionals and patients to set up and use, with an intuitive navigation
- accessible via mobile phone, tablet or desktop
- Health Level 7 (HL7) compatible
- able to be used for emergency/non-elective cases
- interactive, with the ability for patients to raise questions or concerns prior to the procedure
* A consenting service that’s private and secure
Your patients’ privacy is assured by:
- the local storage of data on a secure server
- end-to-end data encryption
- compliance with Australian Privacy and health legislation
Find out more
Read about our launch service for anaesthetists
Register to receive updates as we launch modules for more specialties and procedures
Contact us if you have any questions or would like any further information